We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services from the Search Impex online shop.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us
- Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general marketing & commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our brochure and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (i) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
In using our website, you are consenting to us collecting and using your personal information for some or all of these purposes.
We will not disclose or provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually have expressly agreed in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes either by opting to subscribe to our electronic mailing list, or by having requested to join our postal mailing list).
If you have subscribed to our electronic mailing list or to our postal list and subsequently you decide you no longer wish to receive such communications, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing to us (at the address shown under section 9 below (Data Controller)). We will then remove you from the relevant list at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is
Search Impex Ltd
1 Main Street
Registered Office : 14 Park Row, Nottingham, NG1 6GR
Registered in England & Wales No. 2827576.
VAT no. 600 2469 84