Terms & Conditions
These Terms are the terms and conditions on which we supply to you any of the products listed on the Collectors Corner pages of our website. Any other pages of the site referred to on this page also form part of the Terms. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from us.
By ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should not order any Products from us.
In these Terms, we use the following definitions:
- "Collectors Corner" means the Collectors Corner pages of the site.
- "Contract" means the contract between us and you for a Product
- "Product" and "Products" means any of the Products listed on the site
- "site" means this website, www.search-impex.co.uk, which we operate
- "us", we" and "our" means Search Impex Limited. Our trading address is 1 Main Street, Breaston, Derbyshire, DE72 3DX, UK. Our company number is 2827576 and we are registered in the UK. Our VAT number is 600 2469 84 "you" and "your" mean the customer
By placing an order with us, you agree that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
You can either place an order with us by calling us or by email correspondence followed by receipt of payment. The relevant telephone number and email address are stated on Collectors Corner.
The following must happen before a Contract can be formed:
- We must have received payment in cleared funds. The Collectors Corner page states the usual period before a cheque payment will be cleared.
- The Product is in stock to be part of the Contract. If the Product is not in stock, it will not be part of your order or the Contract
- If you enquire about a Product by email, you will receive an email from us confirming whether or not we have that Product in stock. If we have the Product in stock, you can reply by email or call us to reserve the Product. At the same time, you must make payment in one of the ways set out in Collectors Corner. Your reservation of the Product and making of payment is an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to our acceptance and we will confirm acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Product has been dispatched. It is only at this point that a Contract is formed (and if clear funds have been received and the Product is in stock).
- If you place your order by telephone, we will confirm acceptance of your order during that telephone call, or a follow-up call if we have to call you back. It is only when we verbally confirm acceptance of the order that a Contract is formed (and if clear funds have been received and the Product is in stock).
Your Right to Cancel
You may cancel a Contract at any time within 7 working days, beginning on the day after you received the Product(s). In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Product(s) in accordance with our refunds policy (set out below).
To cancel a Contract, you must:
- inform us by telephoning us or by emailing us with details of the Product and saying you are cancelling the Contract
- return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk.
You will not have any right to cancel a Contract for any Product that we have custom-made for you.
Availability and Delivery
We will fulfil your order by the delivery date that we tell you by email or over the telephone. If we do not specify a delivery date, we will fulfil your order within 30 days of the date of accepting your order, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Collectors Corner states how we will deliver Products to you.
Risk and Ownership
The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
Price and Payment
The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
These prices include VAT and delivery costs (for UK deliveries).
Prices can change at any time, but changes will not affect orders that we have accepted before the price change.
Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. If a Product price is wrong, we can cancel the Contract with you, or refuse to enter into a Contract with you, or can discuss and agree an alternative arrangement with you.
Collectors Corner states the types of payment that we accept and any additional charges payable for using a specific type of payment
Our Refunds Policy
When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will contact you about your refund within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we received your cancellation or the day we confirmed to you that you were entitled to a refund for delivery of the defective Product.
Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us. Alternatively, and with your agreement, we may opt to repair or, subject to availability, replace the Product and include a refund of the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
Products returned by you within the seven-day cooling-off period will be refunded in full, including the cost (if any) of sending the item to you originally. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
Our liability in connection with any Product purchased through our site is strictly limited to the purchase price of that Product.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
Deliveries outside the UK
We may choose to accept orders for delivery outside the UK but this is at our discretion. This section sets out additional terms and conditions for deliveries outside the UK.
For deliveries outside the UK, we will tell you the delivery cost at the time you place your order.
Deliveries outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Address for communications
You must communicate with us in one of the following ways:
- the email address on Collectors Corner
- the telephone number on Collectors Corner
- writing to our trading address, which is at the start of these Terms and on the bottom of each page of the site.
You can also, by prior arrangement, attend our premises to place orders or to communicate with us.
Transfer of Rights and Obligations
You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without first obtaining our written consent.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and replace any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
Changes to the Terms
We can make changes to these Terms from time to time. You will be subject to the Terms in force at the time that you order Products from us.
Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts will be governed by English law. Any dispute about Contracts will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.